Re: moving from contrib to bin

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: moving from contrib to bin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the case that:
> 1) pg_standby was intended to be customizable code, even if usable as
> distributed, and
I am not sure about that.

> 2) in any event it is essentially deprecated in favour of standby_mode
> and therefore moving it to src/bin seems like a wrong move on two counts?
There were some discussions about that a couple of months ago, and the
conclusion was to not remove it. Please see here for more information:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/545946E9.8060504@gmx.net#545946E9.8060504@gmx.net
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin