Re: moving from contrib to bin

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: moving from contrib to bin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2015-01-18 12:56:59 +0000, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the case that:

> 1) pg_standby was intended to be customizable code, even if usable as
> distributed, and

I don't think that really happened in reality though...

> 2) in any event it is essentially deprecated in favour of standby_mode

Right.

> and therefore moving it to src/bin seems like a wrong move on two counts?

I personally agree that that pg_standby shouldn't be moved. Even if we
could not find agreement to remove it, there's little reason to move it
imo. My reading of the previous discussion was that we're far from alone
with that position.  That's why I'd like to have the patchseries in a
way that individual moves can be applied separately.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin
Сообщение: Re: moving from contrib to bin