Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> Mind share more details about that? How would you detect that a given
>> test in serial_schedule needs to be considered by test_ddl_deparse
>> automatically? WIth a new type of keyword in a schedule file? This
>> looks like a different feature to me that's going to need more
>> infrastructure...
>
> Well, I remembered that the list of tests to run can be passed as a
> variable to the make run, so the schedule file is not the best way to go
> about this anyway.  Therefore I have pushed your patch (including the
> .gitignore file)

I would find better the idea to add a new variable, let's say
REGRESS_SCHEDULE to pass a list of schedule paths that will be taken
into account by PGXS and declare them with --schedule (pg_regress can
take multiple schedules), and add logic to parse it in the MSVC files.
No need to add a special case in the MSVC scripts this way.
--
Michael