Re: Log-shipping replication in one machine

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Log-shipping replication in one machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 4:02 PM, nurul [via PostgreSQL]
<ml-node+s1045698n5823774h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> We have install PostgreSQL 9.3 in Ubuntu. We want to ask it is possible to do log shipping replication in one machine
withdifferent port such as port 5435 as a master while 5436 as a slave? We also tried that process in one machine but
stillget an error in slave such as

Yes you can do that.

> warning: connection to the database failed, disabling startup checks:
> psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up

Did you enable hot_standby = on in postgresql.conf of the standby with
wal_level = hot_standby in postgresql.conf of the master? Those are
necessary requirements to make a standby accessible for read-only
operations, which is what it seems you are looking for.
--
Michael

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Log-shipping replication in one machine
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: ARMv5