Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Дата
Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Andy Erskine <andy.erskine@jds.net.au> wrote:
> I'd like to turn off the streaming on my postgresdb (9.2) It is currently
> setup to stream from master to a single secondary.
>
> I want to shutdown the secondary and turn it into another master and connect
> it to another application for testing - after which i want to revert it back
> to a streaming secondary.

What kind of tests? If this is read-only activity you could simply cut
the network connection between the master and the slave, or restart
the slave after updating recovery.conf such as it is still a standby
but has no primary_conninfo so as it is performing archive recovery,
or at least a fake one.

> Is this possible while not touching the Master DB ? If so what are the
> correct steps pls ?

Well, yes. It depends on what you want to do then. If this testing
really requires to promote the standby then you will need to take a
new fresh base backup knowing that you are using 9.2.
Regards,
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: create index on a field of udt
Сообщение: Re: create index on a field of udt