Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updated tuple

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updated tuple
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:29 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> Hmm, I think I added a random sleep (max. 100ms) right after the
>> HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum call in vacuumlazy.c (lazy_scan_heap), and that
>> makes the race easier to hit.
>
> I still cannot reproduce. Perhaps you can be more specific?

I have been trying to reproduce things for a total of 4 hours, testing
various variations of the proposed test cases (killed Postgres,
changed fillfactor, manual sleep calls), but I am proving unable to
see a regression as well. I would not think that the OS matters here,
all my attempts were on macos with assertions and debugging enabled.

At least the code is now more stable, which is definitely a good thing.
--
Michael