Re: [BUGS] BUG #8542: Materialized View with another column_name does not work?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #8542: Materialized View with another column_name does not work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> "t.katsumata1122@gmail.com" <t.katsumata1122@gmail.com> wrote:
> If there are no objections I'll apply this within a few days.
I am not sure that adding a boolean flag introducing a concept related
to matview inside checkRuleResultList is the best approach to solve
that. checkRuleResultList is something related only to rules, and has
nothing related to matviews in it yet. I have been pondering myself
about this issue, and wouldn't it be better to directly enforce
targetList in checkRuleResultList call at an upper level with the
column name list given by users if there is any instead of the list of
columns of the SELECT query?

After looking closely at the code this looks to be a better approach
from a general viewpoint. I didn't got the time to write a patch but
this is the conclusion I reached after some analysis at least...
--
Michael

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Something fishy happening on frogmouth
От: Dann Corbit
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me