Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me

От Dann Corbit
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The PostgreSQL installer for Windows 64 appears to be broken for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard.

Even after uninstalling, removing the entire postgresql directory structure, and running the installer as
administrator,I get this error:

"fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data ... initdb: could not change permissions
ofdirectory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data": Permission denied"

I was able to get it to install by giving permissions to the postgresql folder to applications and services, but I am
notreally sure what allowed it to complete.

However, that sort of installation would be unsafe for regular users.

I only use it for testing, so it does not really matter much in my case (though I would like it much better if I did
nothave to munge around to make the install work).