Re: Speedup twophase transactions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Jesper Pedersen wrote:
>> Discussed with Noah off-list I think we should revisit this for 9.6 due to
>> the async replica lag as shown in [1]. The performance improvement for the
>> master node is shown in [2].
>
> I gave a very quick look and it seems to me far more invasive than we
> would normally consider in the beta period.  I would just put it to
> sleep till release 10 opens up.

I share the same opinion. Improving 2PC is definitely a huge win
thanks to the first patch that got committed when WAL is generated,
but considering how the second patch is invasive really concerns me,
and I looked at the patch in an extended way a couple of weeks back.
As we care about stability now regarding 9.6, let's bump the second
portion to 10.0 as well as keep the improvement for WAL generation in
9.6.
--
Michael