Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 05:50:01PM -0400, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have gone through all our extensions and tried to tag all functions
> correctly according to their parallel safety.
>
> I also did the same for the aggregate functions in a second patch, and for
> min(citext)/max(citext) set a COMBINEFUNC.
>
> The changes for the functions is attached as one huge patch. Feel free to
> suggest a way to split it up or change it in any way if that would make it
> easier to review/apply.
>
> Some open questions:
>
> - How should we modify the aggregate functions when upgrading extensions?
> ALTER AGGREGATE cannot change COMBINEFUNC or PARALLEL.

At the moment, it basically changes namespace and ownership but
doesn't touch the actual implementation.  Maybe it should be able to
tweak those.  A brief check implies that it's not a gigantic amount of
work.  Is it worth making ALTER AGGREGATE support the things CREATE
AGGREGATE does?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!