Re: Possible mistake in Section 63.6 - 9.6devel Documentation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Possible mistake in Section 63.6 - 9.6devel Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Vignesh Raghunathan
<vignesh.pgsql@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It has been mentioned in Section 63.6 that the first two fields in
> PageHeaderData track the most recent WAL entry related to the page. However,
> I am not sure how pd_checksum is related to WAL. Could it be possible that
> the sentence has been carried over from previous versions of the
> documentations without considering the change to the second field in
> PageHeaderData?

Yes, the documentation is mistaken. The two bytes of pd_tli have been
switched to pd_checksum in 9.3, hence only the first field is relevant
for WAL, aka pd_lsn. Looking at this portion of the docs I think that
it should be updated as attached, mentioning pd_checksum as well.
--
Michael

Вложения