Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Urk.  That sounds like a scary thing to back-patch.  The fact that the
> buildfarm has reported no problems is good as far as it goes, but user
> environments can be expected to be considerably more diverse than the
> buildfarm.  I wouldn't mind giving users the option to select unnamed
> POSIX semas, but I don't think there's any guarantee that that's 100%
> certain to work every place where the current implementation works -
> and if not, then people will upgrade to the latest minor release and
> everything will completely stop working.

Potential risks involving minor upgrades are far higher than the risks
involved by systemd, so -1 for a backpatch seen from here.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?
Сообщение: Re: Back-patch use of unnamed POSIX semaphores for Linux?