Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_rewind: Fix some problemswhen copying files >2GB.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_rewind: Fix some problemswhen copying files >2GB.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> I am fine with however you want to handle it, but it seems odd to me
>>> that we don't have a way of embedding INT64_FORMAT in a translatable
>>> string.  Surely that's going to be a problem in some case, sometime,
>>> isn't it?
>>
>> The way we do that elsewhere is to print out the value to a string
>> variable and then use %s in the translatable message.
>
> Hmm.  OK.  That doesn't sound great, but if there's no better option...

I don't like breaking the abstraction of pg_log() with the existing
flags with some kind of pg_debug() layer. The set of APIs present now
in pg_rewind for logging is nice to have, and I think that those debug
messages should be translated. So what about the attached?
--
Michael