Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/2016 05:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I agree.  If someone were to hold my feet to the fire about that,
>> I'd vote for taking out the ANALYSE spelling rather than documenting
>> it.  But I'd rather leave it alone, since no doubt some of the British
>> contingent are used to being able to spell it that way, even if the
>> docs don't say that they can.
>
> I was involved in a project whereby the client had written an app to
> filter/control what could be executed by their developers (via a web
> interface), and since ANALYSE was undocumented they missed it. I was
> aware of it and pointed it out during an audit of their app.
>
> Personally I would vote to either document it or rip it out, but I don't
> think the status quo is good.

If the choice is only between those two, I'd vote for nuking it and
simplify the code, but honestly the current statu-quo has been running
for 16 years and there are not many complains about it, so as a third
choice the current situation is fine IMO. And it does not represent an
extra maintenance load.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented