Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 05/12/2016 05:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> I am not sure that it is worth complicating the docs for the British
>> spelling of this word.
>=20
> I agree.  If someone were to hold my feet to the fire about that,
> I'd vote for taking out the ANALYSE spelling rather than documenting
> it.  But I'd rather leave it alone, since no doubt some of the British
> contingent are used to being able to spell it that way, even if the
> docs don't say that they can.

I was involved in a project whereby the client had written an app to
filter/control what could be executed by their developers (via a web
interface), and since ANALYSE was undocumented they missed it. I was
aware of it and pointed it out during an audit of their app.

Personally I would vote to either document it or rip it out, but I don't
think the status quo is good.

Joe

--=20
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14135: SQL command "analyse" is undocumented