Re: [HACKERS] Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments with pg_receivexlog

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments with pg_receivexlog
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments with pg_receivexlog  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 12:41 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2017 15:00, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 10:32 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
>> Oh, I definitely think such a command should be able to take a placeholder
>> like %f telling which segment it has just processed. In fact, I'd consider
>> it one of the most important features of it :)
>
> I cannot think about any other meaningful variables, do you?
>

> Not offhand. But one thing that could go to the question of parameter name -
> what if we finish something that's not a segment. During a time line switch
> for example, we also get other files don't we? We probably want to trigger
> at least some command in that case - either with an argument or by a
> different parameter?

To be consistent with archive_command and restore_command I'd rather
not do that. The command called can decide by itself what to do by
looking at the shape of the argument string.
--
Michael