Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> I think we should keep the original .txt files because:

Hm. I am wondering about licensing issues here to keep those files in
the tree. I am no lawyer.

> - It allows to track the changes in the original file if we decide to
>   change the map files.

You have done that in the past for a couple of codepoints, didn't you?

> - The site http://x0213.org/ may disappear in the future. If that
>   happens, we will lose track data how we create the map files.

There are other problems then as there are 3 sites in use to fetch the data:
- GB2312.TXT comes from greenstone.org.
- Some from icu-project.org.
- The rest is from unicode.org.

> I believe we'd better to follow the same way how src/timezone keeps
> the original timezone data.
>
> Above reasoning will not valid if we have a way to reconstruct the
> original txt files from the map files, I doubt it's worth the
> trouble to create such tools however.

That's true as well. No need for reverse-engineering if there is no
reason to. That would be possible though.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining