Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] shift_sjis_2004 related autority files are remaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Why do you believe so?
>
> Unicode/Makefile includes that:
> euc-jis-2004-std.txt sjis-0213-2004-std.txt:
>         $(DOWNLOAD) http://x0213.org/codetable/$(@F)
>
> So those files ought to be downloaded when rebuilding the maps, and
> they should not be in the tree. In short, I think that Horiguchi-san
> is right. On top of the two pointed out by Horiguchi-san,
> gb-18030-2000.xml should not be in the tree.

I think we should keep the original .txt files because:

- It allows to track the changes in the original file if we decide to change the map files.

- The site http://x0213.org/ may disappear in the future. If that happens, we will lose track data how we create the
mapfiles.

I believe we'd better to follow the same way how src/timezone keeps
the original timezone data.

Above reasoning will not valid if we have a way to reconstruct the
original txt files from the map files, I doubt it's worth the
trouble to create such tools however.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii