Re: psql: add \pset true/false

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: psql: add \pset true/false
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> Plus we already have \pset numericlocale as a similar feature in psql.
>>
>> But \pset numericlocale is also a crock.  It doesn't affect COPY output
>> for instance, and its ability to identify which data types it should apply
>> to is really shaky.  And it's virtually unused, as demonstrated by the
>> fact that serious bugs in it went undetected for many years (cf 4778a0bda,
>> 77130fc14).  That's a really poor advertisement for the usefulness of the
>> proposed feature.
>
> FWIW, I didn't realize that we had "\pset numericlocale" until about a
> year ago. I now use it all the time, and find it very useful.

So, looking at this thread, here is the current status:
- Tom Lane: -1
- Michael Paquier: -1
- Peter Geoghegan: +1?
- Peter Eisentraut: +1
- the author: surely +1.
Any other opinions? Feel free to correct this list if needed, and then
let's try to move on on a consensus if need be to decide the destiny
of this patch.
Regards,
--
Michael