Re: psql: add \pset true/false

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: psql: add \pset true/false
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Michael Paquier wrote:

> So, looking at this thread, here is the current status:
> - Tom Lane: -1
> - Michael Paquier: -1
> - Peter Geoghegan: +1?
> - Peter Eisentraut: +1
> - the author: surely +1.
> Any other opinions? Feel free to correct this list if needed, and then
> let's try to move on on a consensus if need be to decide the destiny
> of this patch.

In the positive case, the doc should warn somehow about the setting
not being effective when the boolean is inside:
- a field of ROW() type
- an array
- \copy or COPY output
- a field of composite type

(personally this list of exceptions makes me side with the "-1" team).

Other than that,  minor typos to fix (s/prined/printed):

+    fprintf(output, _("  true        set the string to be prined
in place of a TRUE value\n"));
+    fprintf(output, _("  false        set the string to be prined
in place of a FALSE value\n"));

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité