Re: Options OUTPUT_PLUGIN_* controlling format are confusing (Was: Misleading error message in logical decoding)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Options OUTPUT_PLUGIN_* controlling format are confusing (Was: Misleading error message in logical decoding)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Options OUTPUT_PLUGIN_* controlling format are confusing (Was: Misleading error message in logical decoding)  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> 3) The formulation here seems vague as a plugin that generates textual
> output can call pg_logical_slot_peek_binary_changes as well:

I've commented on this before: an output plugin doesn't call
pg_logical_slot_peek_binary_changes - if at all it's the other way
round.

Sorry. I am sure you got what I wanted to say: "a user can as well use pg_logical_slot_peek_binary_changes to retrieve changes from a replication slot that uses an plugin generating textual output" :)
--
Michael