Re: Including replication slot data in base backups

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Including replication slot data in base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The new master won't necessarily have all the neccessary WAL available, no?
No, they won't have it, and things begin to get bad once a base backup
includes a slot that has a non-null value of restart_lsn. I imagine
that if we want to guarantee the correctness of a replication slot we
would need to fetch from archives the necessary WAL files needed for
it when a node is in recovery, which is not something that this patch
does...
--
Michael

От: Joshua Yanovski
Сообщение: Proposal: COUNT(*) (and related) speedup
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Including replication slot data in base backups