Re: Including replication slot data in base backups

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Including replication slot data in base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 1:55 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This makes me think that it's safer to just remove replication slot files
>> at the beginning of the recovery when both backup_label and recovery.conf
>> exist.
>
> Well, we could do that, but that would preempt anyone who *does* want
> to keep those replication slots around.  I'm not sure that's a good
> idea, either.
Same here, I still see cases where people might want to keep the
replication slot information around, particularly if they take an
atomic snapshot of PGDATA, which is something that some of our users
do. Enforcing removal of such files when recovery begins would only
bring less flexibility to the way recovery can be done.
--
Michael

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Excessive WAL generation and related performance issue
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Excessive WAL generation and related performance issue