Re: Issue with bgworker, SPI and pgstat_report_stat

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Issue with bgworker, SPI and pgstat_report_stat
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Julien Rouhaud
<julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
> I'm not opposed, but in this case we should also provide a proper
> documentation of all the required actions to mimick normal backends.

I'd rather just add a note like "Have a look at PostgresMain if you
want to imitate a backend able to run queries!" instead of listing all
the actions doable. If low-level things are added or removed in the
future in PostgresMain, it is very likely that the documentation will
not be updated at the same time, killing its purpose at the end.
--
Michael