Re: WAL test/verification tool

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WAL test/verification tool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I have heard rumours of a tool that could verify or compare the
>> effects of applying WAL records for testing/development purposes, but
>> I've been unable to track it down or find out if it was publicly
>> released.  Does anyone know the status of that or what it was called?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqT6K-wEggL0sG00qL2TCTVN3N4taiBYbONi_JRF4CyWOw@mail.gmail.com

Yes, and unfortunately I have no plans to work on the page masking
facility (to be able to compare two pages correctly by masking fields
that may not be consistent at WAL replay) and this patch in the short
term. There is another thing I am interested in getting done for 9.6
which will get my focus until September...
--
Michael