Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> Hmm. The regression test Makefile really ought to pick up the same settings
> we use for the main makefile, so that if you do "./configure
> --with-unixodbc=...", the regression tests are automatically built against
> the same library.
>
> I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve that. The regression Makefile is
> currently completely separate from the automake system. We could add
> "SUBDIRS=test" into Makefile.am, and then you could do "make installcheck"
> from the top directory to run the regressions, and you could use the LDFLAGS
> and other variables set by automake.
>
> A problem with that is that the regression suite Makefile depends on
> PostgreSQL's pg_config to find the pg_regress program. I guess the proper
> solution would be to add an optional configure flag to provide a path to
> pg_config. If pg_config is not found, then you couldn't run the regression
> tests, but you could still build the driver without the PostgreSQL header
> files etc.

Even with that, don't we need first to move the automake process
currently done on ./Makefile.am to another file? Like let's say
Makefile.global.am, which contains all the variables set by automake.
Then we create a new file ./Makefile at the root folder that includes
Makefile.global. Something similar should be done with test/Makefile
(inclusion of ./Makefile.global) and it would be able to use the
values of CFLAGS, CDFLAGS and even PG_CONFIG that configure has set.
Thoughts?
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests