Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 03/17/2014 07:49 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Hmm. The regression test Makefile really ought to pick up the same settings
>> we use for the main makefile, so that if you do "./configure
>> --with-unixodbc=...", the regression tests are automatically built against
>> the same library.
>>
>> I'm not sure what's the best way to achieve that. The regression Makefile is
>> currently completely separate from the automake system. We could add
>> "SUBDIRS=test" into Makefile.am, and then you could do "make installcheck"
>> from the top directory to run the regressions, and you could use the LDFLAGS
>> and other variables set by automake.
>>
>> A problem with that is that the regression suite Makefile depends on
>> PostgreSQL's pg_config to find the pg_regress program. I guess the proper
>> solution would be to add an optional configure flag to provide a path to
>> pg_config. If pg_config is not found, then you couldn't run the regression
>> tests, but you could still build the driver without the PostgreSQL header
>> files etc.
>
> Even with that, don't we need first to move the automake process
> currently done on ./Makefile.am to another file? Like let's say
> Makefile.global.am, which contains all the variables set by automake.
> Then we create a new file ./Makefile at the root folder that includes
> Makefile.global. Something similar should be done with test/Makefile
> (inclusion of ./Makefile.global) and it would be able to use the
> values of CFLAGS, CDFLAGS and even PG_CONFIG that configure has set.

Hmm, yes, something like that would be good. We can't easily restructure
the main Makefile like that, though, because it's generated by automake.
But we can still create a new Makefile.global file, with the same
CFLAGS/LDFLAGS that the generated Makefile contains.

Actually, we could just move test/Makefile to test/Makefile.in, and let
configure set the LDFLAGS/CFLAGS variables directly in test/Makefile.

I pushed a patch to do that. It doesn't do anything automatic about
PG_CONFIG; it would still be nice to add a configure flag for that.

PS. Have you set up a Windows build environment? I don't think anyone's
put any effort in running the regression tests on Windows yet. If we
could make that work somehow, that would be nice.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests
Сообщение: Re: Adding flag LDFLAGS for compilation of regression tests