Re: [DOCS] Default names for CRL and CA files in the backend

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [DOCS] Default names for CRL and CA files in the backend
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Default names for CRL and CA files in the backend  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> On 17 Aug 2017, at 03:26, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since all supported versions have this as a parameter, this seems to mainly
> serve as a help for anyone upgrading from 9.1 (or earlier) so mentioning when
> the change happened makes sense.  I added a note here (and on root.crl) stating
> the version.

Thanks for the new version.

-   the server, i.e. signed by a certificate in the server's
-   <filename>root.crt</filename> file.
+   the server, i.e. signed by a certificate in the server's root certificate
+   file.
   </para>
Do you think it would be worth adding a mention to ssl_ca_file in the
server's postgresql.conf? With a link to it?

(Spotted a transation issue, so added Álvaro in the loop)
Álvaro, I think that those translations are incorrect:
src/backend/po/fr.po:#~ msgid "Make sure the root.crt file is present
and readable."
src/backend/po/ja.po:#~ msgid "Make sure the root.crt file is present
and readable."
src/backend/po/ru.po:#~ msgid "Make sure the root.crt file is present
and readable."
This error message does not exist anymore.

+        In earlier versions of PostgreSQL, the name of this file was
+        hard-coded as <filename>root.crl</filename>. As of
+        <productname>PostgreSQL</> 9.2 it is a configuration parameter.
No need to mention PostgreSQL twice here? Or the first one should use
the markup productname.
--
Michael