Re: Error check always bypassed in tablefunc.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Error check always bypassed in tablefunc.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2015 08:16 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Haven't looked at this patch, but I wonder if it would be better
>> to replace the innards of connectby with a rewrite of the query to
>> use standard WITH queries.  Maybe we can remove a couple hundred
>> lines from tablefunc.c?
>
> Seems like a good idea -- connectby is really obsolete for quite a
> while now other than as an SRF example. I guess we only keep it around
> for backwards compatibility?
For master, yes we could brush up things a bit. Now do we really do
the same for back-branches? I would think that the answer there is
something close to the patch I sent.
--
Michael

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Fillfactor for GIN indexes
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: decreasing memory needlessly consumed by array_agg