Re: Removing all whitespaces in ODBC code

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Removing all whitespaces in ODBC code
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please find attached a patch to remove all the whitespaces in pgodbc
>> code. Before having a deeper look to the ODBC code to remove all the
>> old protocols and try to clean up outdated code, it would be nice to
>> commit that. My environment is made to detect automatically
>> whitespaces, so not removing them would only generate noise on my
>> patches.
>

> Thanks, committed together with many additional whitespace fixes:
>
> * Remove all instances of <space><newline>. I think this is what your patch
> did.
> * Remove all instances of <tab><newline>.
> * Remove unnecessary spaces from indentation: <space><tab>
> * Misc indentation fixes spotted while fixing those other things
> * Added/removed a few curly braces from if-statements with a one line
> action, for clarity
> * Removed empty lines before EOF.
> * Also cleaned up whitespace in non-code files, like readmes and .bat files.
> * Removed bogus byte-order-marks from psqlodbcm.wxs and psqlodbcm_cpu.wxs.
> They were bogus because the files are UTF-8 encoded. (didn't notice this
> until I reviewed the changes in git-diff; my editor fixed automatically).
> * Remove the 'x' flag from file permissions of a few header files, for
> consistency with all the other files.
>
> These were things that git diff complained about, when I did:
>
> git diff 0183b4605ee4ad76851cea69587d240492041705 --check
>
> That commit is the first-ever commit in the repository, the idea was to get
> a diff that covers the whole source tree. It might've missed some lines that
> have not been changed since the initial commit, but I couldn't figure out
> how to run the check that "git diff --check" does across the whole source
> tree, rather than a diff.
>
> There are some files related to the installers that contain DOS-style
> newlines, <CR><LF>. I'm itching to fix those to Unix-style, but refrained
> because I don't really know Windows, so I don't know if that would be wrong
> or problematic.
>
> Anyway, the source tree is now in a much better shape. Still a lot of
> stylistic issues I'd like to fix, but that'll do for the whitespace.
Thanks a lot! Don't we want to add as well a .gitattributes file in a
fashion similar to Postgres itself? I imagine that it would greatly
help to continue keeping the code clean.
--
Michael

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Removing all whitespaces in ODBC code
От: Antônio Galery
Сообщение: postgresql odbc windows