Re: Removing all whitespaces in ODBC code

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Removing all whitespaces in ODBC code
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 03/11/2014 07:44 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please find attached a patch to remove all the whitespaces in pgodbc
> code. Before having a deeper look to the ODBC code to remove all the
> old protocols and try to clean up outdated code, it would be nice to
> commit that. My environment is made to detect automatically
> whitespaces, so not removing them would only generate noise on my
> patches.

Thanks, committed together with many additional whitespace fixes:

* Remove all instances of <space><newline>. I think this is what your
patch did.
* Remove all instances of <tab><newline>.
* Remove unnecessary spaces from indentation: <space><tab>
* Misc indentation fixes spotted while fixing those other things
* Added/removed a few curly braces from if-statements with a one line
action, for clarity
* Removed empty lines before EOF.
* Also cleaned up whitespace in non-code files, like readmes and .bat files.
* Removed bogus byte-order-marks from psqlodbcm.wxs and
psqlodbcm_cpu.wxs. They were bogus because the files are UTF-8 encoded.
(didn't notice this until I reviewed the changes in git-diff; my editor
fixed automatically).
* Remove the 'x' flag from file permissions of a few header files, for
consistency with all the other files.

These were things that git diff complained about, when I did:

git diff 0183b4605ee4ad76851cea69587d240492041705 --check

That commit is the first-ever commit in the repository, the idea was to
get a diff that covers the whole source tree. It might've missed some
lines that have not been changed since the initial commit, but I
couldn't figure out how to run the check that "git diff --check" does
across the whole source tree, rather than a diff.

There are some files related to the installers that contain DOS-style
newlines, <CR><LF>. I'm itching to fix those to Unix-style, but
refrained because I don't really know Windows, so I don't know if that
would be wrong or problematic.

Anyway, the source tree is now in a much better shape. Still a lot of
stylistic issues I'd like to fix, but that'll do for the whitespace.

- Heikki