Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> I've attached v1 of this patch.  I think we might want to refactor the
> code for retrieving the relation name from a RangeVar, but it would
> probably be better to do that in a separate patch.

Using the patch checking for duplicate columns:
=# create table aa (a int);
CREATE TABLE
=# vacuum ANALYZE aa(z, z);
ERROR:  0A000: column lists cannot have duplicate entries
HINT:  the column list specified for relation "aa" contains duplicates
LOCATION:  check_column_lists, vacuum.c:619
Shouldn't the priority be given to undefined columns instead of
duplicates? You may want to add a test for that as well.
--
Michael