Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/7/17, 2:33 AM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using the patch checking for duplicate columns:
> =# create table aa (a int);
> CREATE TABLE
> =# vacuum ANALYZE aa(z, z);
> ERROR:  0A000: column lists cannot have duplicate entries
> HINT:  the column list specified for relation "aa" contains duplicates
> LOCATION:  check_column_lists, vacuum.c:619
> Shouldn't the priority be given to undefined columns instead of
> duplicates? You may want to add a test for that as well.

I agree.  I've fixed this and added a couple relevant tests cases in
v2.

I've also attached a v15 of the main patch.  In check_columns_exist(),
there was a 'return' that should be a 'continue'.  This caused us to
skip the column existence checks for column lists defined after a table
with no column list.

Nathan