Re: kqueue

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: kqueue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It would be good for someone else to reproduce my results though.
> For one thing, 5%-ish is not that far above the noise level; maybe
> what I'm measuring here is just good luck from relocation of critical
> loops into more cache-line-friendly locations.

From an OSX laptop with -S, -c 1 and -M prepared (9 runs, removed the
three best and three worst):
- HEAD: 9356/9343/9369
- HEAD + patch: 9433/9413/9461.071168
This laptop has a lot of I/O overhead... Still there is a slight
improvement here as well. Looking at the progress report, per-second
TPS gets easier more frequently into 9500~9600 TPS with the patch. So
at least I am seeing something.
--
Michael