Commit ad2a4ae causing more damages than fixes in regression tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Commit ad2a4ae causing more damages than fixes in regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Saito-san,

What is the purpose of commit ad2a4ae done yesterday? Regression tests
are failing exactly because of that. I imagine that you are running
your tests on a 9.2 server or older 9.3 because the NOTICE message
showing PRIMARY KEY creation has been changed to DEBUG level in 9.3.

For simplicity's sake, I think that we should make the regression
tests only compatible with the latest versions of Postgres. We could
still use some alternate output but what's the point except
complicating the work of maintainers? Hence, I think that this change
should be reverted. Or if you guys think that we need to make
regression tests compatible down to 7.4 we should have alternate
result outputs.

I'd personally vote for reverting this commit to simplify maintenance
as this project does not have stable branches.

Regards,
--
Michael