Re: MSVC pl-perl error message is not verbose enough

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: MSVC pl-perl error message is not verbose enough
Дата
Re: MSVC pl-perl error message is not verbose enough  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:41 AM, John Harvey
<john.harvey@crunchydata.com> wrote:
> Because of this, I've submitted a small patch which fixes the verbosity of
> the error message to actually explain what's missing.  I hope that this
> patch will be considered for the community, and it would be nice if it was
> back-patched.

Improving this error message a bit looks like a good idea to me.
Looking at the code to figure out what build.pl is looking for is a
bit a pain for users just willing to compile the code, so if we can
avoid such lookups with a cheap way, let's do it.

Instead of your patch, I'd suggest saving $solution->{options}->{perl}
. '\lib\CORE\perl*.lib' in a variable and then raise an error based on
that. See attached.
--
Michael

Вложения