Re: BUG #10674: syntax error with CREATE TABLE table AS SELECT (column1, column 2) FROM table2

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #10674: syntax error with CREATE TABLE table AS SELECT (column1, column 2) FROM table2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:03 AM,  <professor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      10674
> Logged by:          Todd Sedano
> Email address:      professor@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
> Operating system:   Mac OS 10.8.5
>

> Note: I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I've been able to
> reproduce this in two very different environments.
>
> The following SQL is valid postgres, see
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createtableas.html
> "CREATE TABLE retail_demo.imported_table AS SELECT (column1, column2) FROM
> retail_demo.external_table;"
> However, it generates the odd message "ERROR:  column "row" has pseudo-type
> record"
This is not a bug. Writing a list of columns within parentheses in a
SELECT list represents them as a row (this is valid SQL).

> We were able to get around this issue, by removing the () around (column1,
> column2)
> "CREATE TABLE retail_demo.imported_table AS SELECT column1, column2 FROM
> retail_demo.external_table;"
And you are right, simply remove the parentheses in the SELECT list
and the columns will be selected one by one, which is what you are
looking for.
--
Michael

От: professor@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #10674: syntax error with CREATE TABLE table AS SELECT (column1, column 2) FROM table2
От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: BUG #10675: alter database set tablespace and unlogged table