BUG #10674: syntax error with CREATE TABLE table AS SELECT (column1, column 2) FROM table2

От professor@gmail.com
Тема BUG #10674: syntax error with CREATE TABLE table AS SELECT (column1, column 2) FROM table2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      10674
Logged by:          Todd Sedano
Email address:      professor@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
Operating system:   Mac OS 10.8.5

Note: I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but I've been able to
reproduce this in two very different environments.

The following SQL is valid postgres, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createtableas.html
"CREATE TABLE retail_demo.imported_table AS SELECT (column1, column2) FROM
retail_demo.external_table;"

However, it generates the odd message "ERROR:  column "row" has pseudo-type
record"

We were able to get around this issue, by removing the () around (column1,
column2)
"CREATE TABLE retail_demo.imported_table AS SELECT column1, column2 FROM
retail_demo.external_table;"

This is reproducible with this sequence....

create table source_table (column1 text, column2 text, column3 text);
insert into source_table values ('value 1', 'value 2', 'value 3');
create table destination_table AS SELECT (column1, column2) from
source_table;