Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1

От Marcos Pegoraro
Тема Re: Commitfest 2021-11 Patch Triage - Part 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2138: Incremental Materialized View Maintenance

I've responded to it in the following thread, and described the recent discussions,
current status, summary of IVM  feature and design, and past discussions.

IVM is a wonderful feature, but some features were omitted because of its complexity, so maybe IVM will spend more time to completely solve what it wants to do.
I did not understand, and didn´t find on docs, if a Materialized View is a table, why I cannot change a specific record ?
Because if I have a way to create and refresh the entire view and update a single record it would give me all power of IVM is trying to.

regards,
Marcos