Re: BUG #17871: JIT during postgresql_fdw remote_estimates EXPLAIN have very negatively effect on planning time

От David Rowley
Тема Re: BUG #17871: JIT during postgresql_fdw remote_estimates EXPLAIN have very negatively effect on planning time
Дата
Re: BUG #17871: JIT during postgresql_fdw remote_estimates EXPLAIN have very negatively effect on planning time  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 10:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I was wondering if we could skip doing even that much when
> EXEC_FLAG_EXPLAIN_ONLY is set.  Without a test case, though,
> I'm not very sure where the jitter is getting reached.

It seems to be coming from the qual initialisation in nodeSeqscan.c:
ie. ExecInitSeqScan -> ExecInitQual -> ExecReadyExpr ->
jit_compile_expr

I guess that means just add a check for EXEC_FLAG_EXPLAIN_ONLY in
jit_compile_expr, or only set the es_jit_flags bits in
standard_ExecutorStart() when not in EXEC_FLAG_EXPLAIN_ONLY. I'm not
really sure which of those is better, but the attached does the former
and seems to fix the issue.

David

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17871: JIT during postgresql_fdw remote_estimates EXPLAIN have very negatively effect on planning time