Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Hybrid Hash/Nested Loop joins and caching results from subplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 at 03:52, Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 10:41 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also
>> noticed that the code I'd written to build the cache lookup expression
>> included a step to deform the outer tuple. This was unnecessary and
>> slowed down the expression evaluation.
>>

> I thought it would be something like my 3rd suggestion on [1], however after
> I read the code,  it looked like no.  Could you explain what changes it is?
> I probably missed something.

Basically, an extra argument in ExecBuildParamSetEqual() which allows
the TupleTableSlotOps for the left and right side to be set
individually. Previously I was passing a single TupleTableSlotOps of
TTSOpsMinimalTuple.  The probeslot is a TTSOpsVirtual tuple, so
passing TTSOpsMinimalTuple causes the function to add a needless
EEOP_OUTER_FETCHSOME step to the expression.

David