Re: Add mention of execution time memory for enable_partitionwise_* GUCs

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Add mention of execution time memory for enable_partitionwise_* GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 at 21:24, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> If those GUCs are enabled, the planner consumes large amount of memory
> and also takes longer irrespective of whether partitionwise plan is
> used or not. That's why the default is false. If majority of those
> joins use nested loop memory, or use index scans instead sorting,
> memory consumption won't be as large. Saying that it "can" result in
> large increase in execution memory is not accurate. But I agree that
> we need to mention the effect of work_mem on partitionwise
> join/aggregation.

hmm? please tell me what word other than "can" best describes
something that is possible to happen but does not always happen under
all circumstances.

David

Сообщение: Re: long-standing data loss bug in initial sync of logical replication
Сообщение: Re: long-standing data loss bug in initial sync of logical replication