Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?

От Dmitry Igrishin
Тема Re: Do we need yet another IDE (SQL development assistant) for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

пн, 16 июл. 2018 г. в 12:41, Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress@arcor.de>:
Am 16.07.18 00:14 schrieb(en) Tim Cross:
>> Thank you for the point. I'm the C++ programmer and I'm author of the C++ client library for PostgreSQL - Pgfe and I'm going to use it in this project. But I'm not sure about the cross-platform GUI toolkit.
>
> The cross-platform GUI toolkit will be the challenge.

Try Qt <https://www.qt.io/download-qt-installer>.  It uses c++, comes with a dual license (LGPL/commercial) and supports all relevant platforms:
- Linux: will work ootb for all distos I know, without the need to ship it with libraries
- macOS: includes support to create the usual bundles which go into the Applications folder
- Winbloze: works fine there, too, if you insist on a broken os ;-)
Qt looks the best and I would like to go with it. But althought it may be a good candidate for an
open source project, but may be too expensive for developing proprietary software. (Recenlty,
it has become even more expensive.)