database must be vacuumed with transactions

От Dave Johansen
Тема database must be vacuumed with transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The database I work on started spitting out the following message last night:
WARNING:  database "ops" must be vacuumed within 9361597 transaction

I ran VACUUM as soon as I got in, but then shortly after, it stopped accepting transactions. I stopped the database and opened single user mode to run VACUUM. So my questions are:
1) How long should I expect this to take (database has about 5 TB of data)?
2) Is there a faster way to make the database be operational again?

Thanks,
Dave