Re: BUG #7648: Momentary index corruption while in hot standby

От Daniel Farina
Тема Re: BUG #7648: Momentary index corruption while in hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2012-11-09 15:57:06 -0800, Daniel Farina wrote:
>> This is the only known occurrence to me, ever, but given it's
>> incredibly ephemeral nature probably glossed over most of the time, I
>> can't say "it's the only time it's ever happened".
>
> I wish we had some way to easily discern such "something is wrong" error
> from other ERRORs that are expected during normal operation..

Me too. Database clients finding these unambiguously platform-level
problems and being relied upon to report them to receive treatment is
a long-standing embarrassment to me.  However, I've been way too
swamped to even start thinking of how one would disentangle error
reporting suitable for physical issues from logical issues.  Clearly
it is *possible* (most error sites are fairly clear being in one
category or the other), but the carefully considered upheaval to the
logging system is beyond my mind's reach for now.

It's a weakness we've kicked around the office here a few times with
much regret that nobody has the necessary remaining attention to
attack it.

--
fdr

Сообщение: Re: BUG #7648: Momentary index corruption while in hot standby
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7648: Momentary index corruption while in hot standby