Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?

От Si Chen
Тема Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Дата
Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Список pgsql-general
Is there a way to configure postgresql to automatically release connections that have been idle for a set amount of time?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Si Chen
<sichen@opensourcestrategies.com> wrote:
> The state is "idle".  I don't have the state_change, but I will try to
> collect it if it happens again.

If they are idle, then the problem is probably with your application
-- you're grabbing new connections and not closing them or reusing
them.  It's a very common problem.  The 'query' when idle represents
the last query run -- the database finished it and is sitting around.

merlin

--
Si Chen
Open Source Strategies, Inc.