Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?

От Igor Neyman
Тема Re: what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Si Chen
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:44 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] what does pg_activity mean when the database is stuck?

Is there a way to configure postgresql to automatically release connections that have been idle for a set amount of
time?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Si Chen
<sichen@opensourcestrategies.com> wrote:
> The state is "idle".  I don't have the state_change, but I will try to
> collect it if it happens again.
If they are idle, then the problem is probably with your application
-- you're grabbing new connections and not closing them or reusing
them.  It's a very common problem.  The 'query' when idle represents
the last query run -- the database finished it and is sitting around.

merlin

--
Si Chen
Open Source Strategies, Inc.

The best solution for this is to use some connection pooler, such as PgBouncer.
B.t.w., PgBouncer can also disconnect idle client connections (if you really wish) based on configuration setting.

Regards,
Igor Neyman

От: Khangelani Gama
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.2.4 - rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml
От: boca2608
Сообщение: Re: Cannot start Postgresql 9.3 as a service in Windows 2012 Server with a domain account