Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Julien,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 11:38 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - Add extra statistics to explain for Nested Loop
> >   https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/2765/
> >
> > [...]
>
> As I mentioned in [1], this patch breaks the current assumption that
> INSTRUMENT_ALL will lead to statement-level metrics that are generally useful.
> According to the benchmark, the proposed patch would add a 1.5% overhead for
> pg_stat_statements or any other similar extension that relies on INSTRUMENT_ALL
> for no additional information, and I don't think it's acceptable.

(I'm missing the [1] link.) From skimming the end of the thread, it
looks like Ekaterina responded to that concern and was hoping for
feedback. If you still think it doesn't go far enough, would you mind
dropping a note in the thread? Then we can mark WoA and go from there.

Thanks!
--Jacob

Сообщение: Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1
Сообщение: Re: [Commitfest 2022-07] Patch Triage: Needs Review, Part 1