Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names

От Brian Crowell
Тема Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hm, so how did Windows know what ticket to get?  *Somewhere* there's
> got to be a mapping from "Brian" to "BCrowell".  It might not be
> readily accessible to you though :-(

Yes. These are tied together on the user's login token, but I can't
get to the tied information. It can even be specified before my
program starts (via runas /netonly).

> As noted upthread, we can't really do what you're suggesting without
> a fundamental rearchitecting of our authentication scheme, which aside
> from being a lot of work would probably break at least as many use-cases
> as it improves.  To take one example, it's not unreasonable at all that
> people might want database superusers to have to use a different auth
> method from ordinary users --- so just taking the username out of the
> auth method selection process doesn't sound workable.

Well rats. I can see that would require a change at the protocol
level. You'd need to accept a ticket or password from me without
knowing beforehand if that matches the auth method specified for that
user.

> It's unfortunate that this doesn't fit well with the architecture you
> find yourself dealing with on the client side, but I doubt we can do
> anything to help you.

Luckily, I know we can architect a workaround for our organization,
but I was trying to get it as clean as I could for future Npgsql
users.

Thanks for taking the time to talk it over with me anyhow  :P

--Brian

Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names