Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Brian Crowell <brian@fluggo.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Why exactly doesn't Npgsql know what the Kerberos principal name is?
>> How did it obtain the ticket without knowing that?

> Windows obtained the ticket, not Npgsql. It's attached to my logon
> token without Npgsql's help. If I'm on the domain, I _might_ have
> access to that information through a call to LsaGetLogonSessionData or
> similar. If I'm not on the domain, I definitely don't.

Hm, so how did Windows know what ticket to get?  *Somewhere* there's
got to be a mapping from "Brian" to "BCrowell".  It might not be
readily accessible to you though :-(

As noted upthread, we can't really do what you're suggesting without
a fundamental rearchitecting of our authentication scheme, which aside
from being a lot of work would probably break at least as many use-cases
as it improves.  To take one example, it's not unreasonable at all that
people might want database superusers to have to use a different auth
method from ordinary users --- so just taking the username out of the
auth method selection process doesn't sound workable.

It's unfortunate that this doesn't fit well with the architecture you
find yourself dealing with on the client side, but I doubt we can do
anything to help you.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9337: SSPI/GSSAPI with mismatched user names